Switching to Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is a sensible decision for several reasons:
- More advanced analytics: GA4 represents a new generation of web traffic analysis tool that brings more advanced functionalities and better data transparency. It gives you comprehensive insight into user behavior on your website or app, including across devices and channels.
- Better tracking across devices: With the development of mobile technology, it has become increasingly important to track users across different devices. GA4 brings improved cross-device traceability, which means you can track a user’s journey between different devices (e.g. mobile, tablet, computer) and understand the entire user flow.
- Event-driven analytics: GA4 is based on event-driven analytics, which means you can record and analyze specific events and user actions on your website or app. This gives you a more accurate view of user interaction such as button clicks, page views, conversions and other important actions.
- Integration with other Google services: GA4 is tightly integrated with other Google services such as Google Ads and Google BigQuery. This makes it easier to track the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, create target audiences and perform advanced data analysis.
- GDPR and Privacy Support: GA4 also brings improved support for GDPR compliance and user privacy protection. It gives you better control over the storage and use of data and follows the latest privacy protection guidelines.
Switching to GA4 requires some adjustments and learning a new interface, but it’s worth it because it gives you more comprehensive and advanced analytics that will help you better understand and optimize your online business.